Step-by-Step Application procedure
Step 1 - Online Eligibility Assessment (OEA)
In order to know if you are eligible to apply for this programme, please complete the Online Eligibility Assessment (OEA). Within some days you will receive an e-mail confirming if you are eligible to apply. If so, further information regarding the application process can be found in step 2.
Complete the OEA here
Important: The OEA does not substitute the online application, but it helps to determine whether you are eligible to apply or not. Therefore we recommend that you submit the OEA first and only continue if you are invited to do so by us.
Step 2 - Fill in the Online Registration Form (ORF)
Complete the ORF here (only fields with * are mandatory) - ORF is not available before end of March 2020!
Please note that it is not necessary to upload documents online. They only have to be sent by postal mail, together with the application form.
Upload the following list of documents:
- Curriculum Vitae in English (DO NOT include a photograph)
- Signed motivation letter in English following our guideline (Download )
- Signed declaration that the motivation letter was written by the applicant without any other help. Contents from other sources have to be marked and source named.
- Previous University education certificates* and transcripts (officially authenticated copies)
- English language certification (officially authenticated copy). We ONLY accept: TOEFL certificates** (IBT 90 points or higher) IELTS certificates (band 6 overall or higher); or Cambridge certificates (level B2)
- APS certificates (only necessary for applicants from China, Vietnam and Mongolia)
*Certificates and academic transcripts in languages other than English or German must be officially translated into English or German.
**TOEFL code number 8692
Confirmation of receipt:
We will check your application for completeness and you will get a confirmation of receipt by e-mail. We kindly ask you to refrain from enquiries upon the actual status of your application due to the high amount of applications.