1. Above average qualification* (B.Sc., [German] Diploma) in:
- Engineering (electrical engineering, energy management, process engineering, microsystems technology, mechanical engineering or environmental engineering) OR
- Natural sciences OR
- Applied life sciences (Forest or environmental sciences).
* = a CGPA/grade of 2.5 in the German grading system is required at least. Applications with CGPA/grade > 2.5 will not be considered for the selection process.
Please provide CGPA (even preliminary if study program not finished yet) and information about the grading system (minimum passing grade, maximum grade), if not already mentioned on the transcript of records.
Applicants must have mathematical fundamentals, engineering fundamentals, natural science fundamentals, and environmental science fundamentals totaling 50 ECTS (30 ECTS corresponds to 1 semester) from their bachelor program.
For the elective track ‘Energy Systems Technology,’ the applicant must additionally have technical and engineering fundamentals totaling 50 ECTS (30 ECTS corresponds to 1 semester) from their bachelor program.
For the elective track ‘Renewable Energy Planning and Management,’ the applicant must additionally have economic fundamentals, social science fundamentals, management-related fundamentals, and environmental planning fundamentals totaling 40 ECTS (30 ECTS corresponds to 1 semester) from their bachelor program.
2. Very good English language skills (TOEFL internet-based 90 points, IELTS band 6; TOEFL should not be older than 2 years)
For registration TOEFL test see: www.ets.org/bin/getprogram.cgi